Anderson's goal in writing this book was to create a positive and encouraging resource that new parents can use to better handle the emotional and social aspects of food allergies in young children (infants through early school years). She wrote the book she would have liked to have had, when she first learned of her children's allergies--supportive. Anderson wrote, Flourishing with Food Allergies when her sons were three and four years old. A year later, the book won the North American Book Dealers Exchange's Pinnacle Book Achievement Award for the best book in the category of Health.
The Anderson's sons are eight and ten today. The yonger has mostly outgrown his allergies, but the older continues to have egg and dairy. The boys are flourshing in school and love to participate in swim team, downhill skiing and playing baseball, piano and the violin. Anderson spends her time taking care of her children while writing.
Anderson's background is in information technology and law and she now consults as a technical writer. Anderson clients have included Yale University, Oracle Corporation and Aetna. She's received the following certfifications and degrees:
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Philosophy, UVM, 1990
- Paralegal Certification, UCLA School of Law, 1991
- Data Communications Certification, UCLA School of Engineering, 1995
- Web Application Developer Certification, Oracle Corporation, 1997
- Design Architect Master Certification, Oracle Corporation, 2000